Friday, October 22, 2010

Lemongrass

I've been wanting to try Lemongrass Vietnamese Restaurant for a while, and last week I finally did. It was a dark and rainy day, which to me calls for pho! There are other places that I would usually choose for Vietnamese food but one of my colleagues suggested I try Lemongrass.
I ordered the 'House Special' pho with rare beef, tendon, flank, beef balls and tripe. I must say that it wasn't anything special... just average. It didn't have the same flavour as my two favorite pho places in Richmond (Thai Son & Pho Cao Van). I would usually be satisfied with a bowl of pho but this time I decided to try a Vietnamese sub, and I'm so glad I did. It comes with either chicken, beef or pork... I chose the pork. The meat was well marinated and had an aromatic lemongrass flavour typical of Vietnamese cuisine. The sandwich also had pickled daikon, carrot, cucumber, cilantro and "Vietnamese Mayo". This was all packed inside a fresh crusty roll and together formed perhaps one of the best sandwiches I've had in awhile. 
I have to admit that there was one thing that turned me off a little at Lemongrass. The place didn't seem well maintained and was actually a little dirty around the entrance area. I don't know what it is but I find this typical of many Vietnamese restaurants. Regardless, I still enjoyed the sub and would suggest you stop by to have a bite... just maybe get takeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment