Sunday, November 14, 2010

De Dutch

This afternoon I felt like having a nice hearty brunch so I headed to De Dutch in New Westminster. I recently noticed that they opened this location in Columbia Square at the end of the main strip of Columbia Street. The restaurant was fairly big so I didn't think there would be a wait but when we arrived the place was packed. We only had to wait about ten minutes to get a table but I figured it would be worth it simply judging by the number of people waiting.

As soon as we began to look at the menu I couldn't believe the amount of items they offered. From Platters, Scrambles and Benedicts to Omelettes and French Toast. They even had burgers and of course their specialty...Pannekoeken. Its basically a Dutch pancake that's thicker than a crepe and thinner than a traditional pancake. I considered having this but I couldn't pass up the BC Bene with smoked salmon topped with the most perfect hollandaise sauce. It was served with hash browns and garden salad. We also ordered the Sausage Scramble which was served with toast, hash browns and a bowl of fruit. Both dishes were well prepared and tasted great. I'd recommend trying a glass of their freshly squeezed orange juice with your brunch too. 


I don't often go out for breakfast food but I'm glad I did this time. Even if you're not a big breakfast person like myself there's surely something at De Dutch worth having a sip and a bite.

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! A little jealous that the other 3 weren't invited to join you!

    ReplyDelete