Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Salsa & Agave

Recently, two of our friends took us to a great 
Mexican place in Yaletown. It was funny because when we arrived at the restaurant there was a long line-up of people waiting to be seated or for take-out. I figured it would be quiet a few minutes before we got our food until my friend mentioned just two doors away they have another location and there were just a few people waiting. I'm not sure why they would have two locations so close but it worked out well. They have a large variety of dishes on their menu but I was there specifically to try their tacos.

I have to say that I was very impressed. It was mucho authentico and reminded me of past experiences at street vendors in Mexico. Jamie and I ordered four different kinds to try; Pollo (chicken), Chorizo (Mexican sausage), Pastor (pork) and my surprising favorite... Lengua (beef tongue)! I can appreciate that each was served on a corn tortilla... not a flour tortilla that's common in North America. It also came with diced onion, cilantro, lime and a special sauce for drizzling.

I figured it would be best to wash it down with a Coronita.. so I did. There are few things better than some authentic tacos and Mexican beer. Next time you're looking for an authentic Mexican experience, head over to Salsa & Agave Mexican Grill at 1223 Pacific Boulevard for a sip and a bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment